Playing Football

02 August 2015

On Wednesday I was finally able to go to the school run by Pardada Pardadi Educational Society (the NGO I’m working for) in Anupshahr. It was amazing to see the girls and the work they are doing, as well as getting out of the Delhi office to see the school firsthand. 
It’s about a 3 hour drive from Delhi, so we arrived in the middle of the school day, at about 11 am. My friend, and coworker, Shruti showed me around the entire campus – I saw the classrooms, the computer lab, the vocational training rooms, the cafeteria, the playground, and met some girls. By the time we had finished our tour it was break time for some of the girls and they were playing football (the real football; not the American kind.) My job was to take pictures to post and use in pamphlets, but I really wanted to play. I asked Shruti if I could and she said, “Of course!” and then I went to the field to ask the girls if I could play- they were happy to have me!
It was an absolute blast! It was so much fun to do something with the girls that I love doing in the United States. It reminded me of all the time I spent playing during recess when I was in elementary school, which are definitely some of my fondest memories.IMG_0834 They helped me feel like a kid again and I’m very grateful for that. It really helped show me how similar the interests of these girls are to young children who go to school in the U.S.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Day,

Are you in any kind of financial difficulties? Your help comes now.
Are you having sleepless night worrying how to get a Loan?Don't allow
your dreams to die, or are you looking for whom to trust or having you been scammed by INTERNET fraud stars, or you have been turned down by other financial company contact
JOYCE MYERS LOAN COMPANY today for
easy and reliable loan. Please you are to fill out this form showed
below this email.{{{finance2014911@gmail.com }}}

BORROWERS APPLICANT FORM
Full Names:............
Gender:....................
Marital status:.........
Contact Address:...........
Country:........................
State:..........................
Age:...........................
Monthly Income:..............
Loan Amount:...................
Duration of Loan:............
Date Of Loan Needed:.............
Weekly Income:....................
Occupation:.........................
Purpose for Loan:.................
Phone Number:....................
Personal Phone Number:.........
Fax Number:......................
How Did You Hear About This Company?........

Muskan said...

Nice, article about poor girls education.Thanks for sharing valuable information about poor girls education please keep it up.